Skull and books

Skull and books
Skulls make excellent paperweights.

Friday, July 3, 2020

What is this anyway?

Hello world.

I'm D43m0n and this is my brand new blog about tabletop role playing games (RPGs). This will be my first attempt at blogging and hopefully it wont suck. This will be a place for me to collect my thought's on games I'm playing, want to play, or am interested in playing. I also plan to post various maps I make or have made using the excellent HexKit by Cone of Negative Energy.

I've been playing RPGs for 24+ years, spending about half my time as a GM. The first RPG I remember playing was AD&D 2nd edition or possibly Palladium Fantasy. The first game I ran was West End Games Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, 2nd edition and that was when I truly fell in love with RPGs. It's also how I met most of my friends, many of whom I am still friends with and who also make up my current group. I ran and collected the books for Star Wars 2nd edition and Revised and Expanded. I continued to run it when Wizards of the Coast got the license, up until they released Saga edition. That was where I tapped out. The game seemed to have gone too much toward being a miniatures game. That's when they lost me. I guess people had the same problem with D&D 4th edition. I haven't played or run any of the later editions.

I think I've been hit...
Get to the point...


From Star Wars I moved on to running games like Eden Studios' All Flesh Must be Eaten and Conspiracy X, both using the Unisystem. I love both the zombie genre and the X-Files and I bought into these games hard. I liked the lack of character classes and point buy character creation. I also really liked the system. It's a bit clunky and a bit outdated (and the company has been quiet now for about 10 years), but it works.

I have also played my fair share of D&D 3.5, Vampire in it's various forms, as well as many other games. I wouldn't say I'm a huge D&D fanboy, but it has provided many hours of entertainment in games my friends have run. Recently our group was playing D&D 5th edition in my DMs own setting. I like it better than 3.5, it seems more streamlined and less complicated. We have now switched over to Pathfinder 2nd edition which I am not a big fan of.

Well I guess it's enough rambling for now. Not sure how often I will be posting, but I hope you'll keep reading.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I'm Alive?

I'm hoping to start posting about games again soon. I'd like to turn this into a blog about RPGs in general. As much fun as diving ...

Popular Posts